Choosing the final 3 to represent USN and Fitness magazine in the USN Face of Fitness cover model search has never been an easy task.
All the ladies in our top 12 share similar qualities and each makes for a great brand ambassador and spokesperson for the industry in her own right.
This competition’s roots are founded on creating a platform on which any fitness enthusiast can compete. Contestants are not measured against each other for how fast or how far they can run, how much they can lift or how many social media followers they have. Instead, we consider how they resonate with a brand like USN, how their personal and professional values reflect that of a health and fitness advocate, and how we can combine these qualities to build a respected profile.
All of our previous USN Face of Fitness winners have continued to build their profiles and leave their mark in this industry, so much so that it’s hard to think that any of them were once newcomers to the world of fitness.
Choosing the top 3 for 2019 was particularly difficult because every one of the 12 finalists exhibited exceptional qualities, matched with equally admirable physiques.
For the first time in the competition’s history, we had to delay our announcement as the judging panel, when faced with so many good qualities in each candidate, was undecided about who should go through.
While I’m extremely proud to name the final 3 who will make their way to the Fitness magazine cover shoot, I’m also sad that we could not afford the remaining 9 the same opportunity and, by extension, all 134 entrants, who would all make exceptional representatives for the health and fitness industry.
Again, thank you to all our contestants for stepping up and entering this year. But, in the end, there can be only 3…
We are proud to announce our final 3, who are invited to our 2-day, all-expenses paid cover model shoot experience.
Each lady has earned her own Fitness magazine cover, and between them, the USN Face of Fitness 2019 will be crowned. They are:
The #USN Face of Fitness 2019 wins:
Her own Fitness magazine cover and:
A prize package valued at R120,000; consisting of:
- A 12 month ambassador contract with USN.
- R30,000 in product sponsorship*.
- R20,000 in cash value**.
- A Planet Fitness influencer contract and a 12 month gym membership worth R11,000*.
- A Trifocus Fitness Academy Platinum voucher worth R21,000 to further her fitness or nutrition education.
- A Fusion Labs influencer contract and product hamper to the value of R8,000*.
- Spa and treatment vouchers courtesy of the Fairway Hotel (Guvon Group).
- A Boost Gymwear apparel hamper.
- Fitness gear, technology and other items to the value of R20,000.
The 2 runners-up each win:
- A Fitness magazine cover and;
- A 12 month USN ambassador contract and product sponsorship worth R12,000*.
- A Fusion Labs influencer contract and product hamper to the value of R2,700.
- A Trifocus Fitness Academy Silver voucher worth R10,000.
- 6 month Planet Fitness membership worth R5500
- Fitness gear, technology and other items to the value of R5,000.
What happens now:
Preparations for the 2-day cover shoot begins! Excitement is mounting and we’re full steam ahead. Our final 3 will stay in a private villa courtesy of The Fairway Hotel and Spa. The 3rd of October will consist of a full-day gym and outdoor photo shoot hosted by Planet Fitness. The 4th of October is a studio day for the Fitness magazine front cover, dressed by Boost Gymwear.
The summer issue of Fitness magazine will be on sale early in November. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more info and behind-the-scenes action from the 2019 USN Face of Fitness.
*All product sponsorship agreements are subject to the terms and conditions set out by the product sponsor. These are set against deliverables for the winner / runners up. **All cash prizes from USN are subject to deliverables from the winner, and is payable over the course for the 12-month sponsorship.