Tell us more about yourself:
What are your fitness goals?
I am focused on becoming a top level Powerlifter in the under 57 Kg woman’s class. My 5 year goal is to break the African Powerlifting records of 155 kg squat, 100 kg bench press, 182.5 kg deadlift and 415 kg total.
I will then set my sights on world records. I hope to represent South Africa at the 2020 World Powerlifting Championships. My focus currently is on becoming fit in all aspects, thus I am looking to compete in a fitness show within the next 6 months. Ultimately, it is my goal to have a strong, lean and feminine body and compete in a sport I love whilst maintaining my physique and not picking up any injuries.
Any sporting / fitness achievements we should know about?
- Junior and Open Protea Powerlifting colours
- Junior and Open Gauteng Powerlifting Colours
- Represented South Africa at the 2016 Raw World Powerlifting Championships in Killeen, Texas
- Represented South Africa at the 2017 Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships in Potchefstroom, South Africa
- Represented South Africa at the 2018 Equipped World Junior Powerlifting Championships in Potchefstroom, South Africa
- Selected to represent South Africa at 2017, 2018 and 2019 Raw World Powerlifting Championships
- South African Junior squat, bench, deadlift and total records (under 63 kg class)
- Selected to represent South Africa at the 2017 Raw World Powerlifting Championships in Minsk, Belarus
- 2019 National Champion in the under 57kg Open category with a 120kg squat, 70kg bench, 140kg deadlift and 330kg total
- Representing South Africa at the 2019 African Powerlifting Championships in October
Why do you think you’re the USN Face of Fitness?
I believe that I have the ability to show the woman of South Africa that being strong is both fun and good for your body.
I am proof that lifting heavy weights and training hard will not make woman bulky or pick up excessive muscle mass. My work as a biokineticist gives me a unique understanding of peoples physical capacities and has taught me how to motivate individuals to push harder and achieve their milestones. I understand the human body and have the academic background to make a difference in this industry.
As a competitive athlete, I implement nutrition and supplementation into my life on a daily basis and am always researching and testing ways to train harder, eat smarter and become better. I am young and full of life, therefore I believe as the USN Face of Fitness I will have a great impact on the fitness community as a whole. Thank you for your time and consideration.