By entering this competition, I acknowledge and understand that:
- Entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions by entering the Competition.
- This is a free competition that runs from 1 August 2021 to 1 December 2021.
- This competition is open to South African and SADAC region residents only. (Residents is defined as ‘living in the area’. You may hold any citizenship. Non-South African finalists need to provide valid visa’s or residency permits)
- This competition is open to persons (who identify as females) over 18 years of age.
- Proof of entering information on the website is not considered proof of receipt of entry. You will receive a personal verification.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries and any other materials submitted (including but not limited to photographs) become the property of the competition organisers and sponsors and can be used for current and future promotional and marketing purposes, without payment or any other consideration.
- Prizes are as advertised and will not be exchangeable for cash.
- Fitness Magazine reserves the right to change or substitute any of the prizes should sponsors withdraw from the competition.
- The winner is subject to contractual obligations to Biogen, Fitness Magazine, and other competition partners. These will be made known prior to winner announcement.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to extend or alter any stated deadlines. If doing so, we will announce changes in a public forum.
- Failure to adhere to and fulfill all stipulated requirements in this agreement may result in disqualification and the forfeit of all prizes. The competition organisers reserve the right to recoup any losses from entrants in the event of disqualification or early release from the contract.
- All travel and accommodation for the final photo shoot will be paid for by Fitness Magazine.
- If a runner-up needs to be chosen to replace a finalist, this will be done at the discretion of Fitness magazine and the competition sponsors. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the final decision.
By entering this competition, the contestant agrees to the following:
- By submitting an entry into this competition; I grant Fitness Magazine, Biogen, and other competition partners permission to use my likeness in a photograph in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration.
- To post and share my entry into the Biogen Face of Fitness 2021 on my social media profiles.
- To tag @Biogensa @fitnessmagsa in all my social media posts relating to this competition entry. And to use the supporting hashtag for tracking purposes #BiogenFaceOfFitness2021
- To use the supporting graphics as supplied by Fitness Magazine on at least 1 social media profile. This will include, but is not limited to Facebook banners, social media gravatars.
- If selected as a top 6 finalist, I will make myself available to attend the final photo shoot mid October 2021 (date to be confirmed). If, as a finalist, I am unable to attend, I agree to forfeit my position and be replaced by a runner-up candidate.
Disclaimer and release of liability:
Competition organisers, sponsors and all prize providers are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunction, failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, access providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons relating to or resulting from participation in this competition; inability to access the entry website or any pages thereof; theft; tampering; destruction; or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries; entry submissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete, garbled, or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or any website.
All entrants, selected entrants, and the grand prize winner release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless sponsor, promotion entities, and all prize providers, and the officers, employees, contractors, and agents of each, from and against any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, this competition, publication or use of the submitted photographs or additional photographs, entrants’ names and likenesses, and/or acceptance, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of the prize, including liability for personal injury, death, damages, or monetary loss.
In no event shall sponsor, promotion entities, or any prize provider be liable or obligated to an entrant, selected entrant, grand prize winner, or any third party in any manner for any special, incidental, exemplary, consequential, punitive, or indirect damages of any kind regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict product liability, or otherwise, even if informed of the possibility of any such damages in advance. This section shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and notwithstanding the failure of any limited remedy.